Dr. Robert Heller – Boca Raton Psychologist
1. WHERE ARE YOU LOCATED? My home office is in central Boca Raton, Florida, next to Lynn University.
2. WHAT ARE YOUR QUALIFICATIONS?
- Licensed psychologist in Florida and Massachusetts.
- Doctorate – Boston University; Post-doctoral Fellow – Institute for Rational- Emotive therapy
- Clinical externships in Hypnosis and Behavioral Medicine
- Diplomate in Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy
- Certified school psychologist ( former)
- Supervisor and Practicum faculty, Albert Ellis Institute
- Certified Hypnosis Consultant (former)
- EMDR Level 2 Trainer
- Certified Fitness Instructor
- Certified USPTA Tennis Teaching Professional
- 30 years+ clinical experience
3. DO YOU WORK WITH CLIENTS OF ALL AGES? As a Boca Raton psychologist, I work with children as young as eight. Typically, the younger the child, the more I work with the parents on helping them to work with their children. I regularly see adolescents, young adults, adults and many seniors.
4. DO YOU PROVIDE GROUP THERAPY? Some Boca Raton psychologists provide group therapy. Currently, most of my clients are seen individually. I do provide lectures and workshops to groups of all sizes.
5. DO YOU ACCEPT INSURANCE? I will provide you with a receipt and if appropriate, a diagnosis for you to submit and get reimbursed according to your health plan. Typically HMO’s do not have out of network benefits but you can claim the expense as part of your medical deductions. You cannot use health care benefits for peak performance training.
6. WHAT ARE YOUR FEES? The cost of seeing a Boca Raton psychologist is based on many factors. My current fees are : $175 for the Initial Consultation; $150 for each 45-minute session; $300 for a 90-minute individual session; $1350 for ten (10) 45-minute sessions (paid in full in advance), $2700 for ten 90- minute sessions (paid in full in advance).
7. HOW OFTEN DO YOU SEE CLIENTS? Usually, once a week to start. Clients can be seen more often or for longer sessions as needed.
8. HOW LONG ARE CLIENTS SEEN FOR? That depends on the type, number and complexity of your goals, your level of motivation and commitment both inside and outside of your sessions. Some clients are seen as few 6-10 sessions, others 10-20 and some longer still. Often as we progress the length of time between sessions is extended allowing you more time to put the skills you have learned into practice.
9. WHAT DOES IT MEAN WHEN YOUR PSYCHOLOGIST IS BOARD CERTIFIED BY THE AMERICAN BOARD OF PROFESSIONAL PSYCHOLOGY (ABPP)? Like all lawfully practicing psychologists in Florida, Dr. Robert Heller is licensed by the State of Florida. To begin with, psychologists are among the most highly trained mental health providers. Dr. Robert Heller has taken the extra step of becoming Board Certified by the American Board of Professional Psychology. He has therefore earned the designation of Diplomate in Cognitive and Behavioral Psychology, and the right to use the initials, “ABPP” after his name and degree.
To become Board Certified, Dr. Heller had to meet stringent eligibility criteria, which included appropriate doctoral-level education and a minimum of at least two years of supervised practice in the specialty of cognitive behavior therapy. Next, he had to submit written and recorded work samples for peer review. Upon acceptance, the next and final step involved taking and passing a three hour oral exam administered by senior members of the specialty board in cognitive behavioral psychology. To pass the exam, Dr. Heller has to demonstrate that he can practice the specialty of cognitive behavior therapy at the highest level of professional competency.
Board Certification is considered to be the highest credential that can be earned by a professional psychologist. By seeking and obtaining the ABPP Diploma, Dr. Heller has taken this voluntary step to assure clients of commitment to the highest standard of care.
Diplomats in the specialty of cognitive behavior psychology have been recognized as pioneers and leaders in the delivery of clinical services in mental health and life skills development as well as in teaching and research.
Board certification is your guarantee that your therapist, Dr. Robert has had his expertise in cognitive behavior psychology reviewed and evaluated by a panel of peer experts, and that they have judged him as fulfilling all the competencies associated with providing you with the best cognitive behavior psychology available.